Monthly Favorites | June 2014

Tuesday, July 15, 2014


So before getting to the favorites of June 2014, I should apologize for the lack of posts... I had a two weeks of blog sulking where I didn't feel like taking the time to write anything down or take any pictures of the things I was doing and then I was just mad at myself for not feeling motivated for blogging. However I am back (hopefully without hiatus) and ready to rumble. So let's get on with some monthly favorites!

Beauty

If there was an award for the most shallow New Years resolution ever made, I think I would have been a nominee (and quite possibly a winner). While most people make meaningful resolutions or resolutions to better their inner-selves, I made a resolution to start wearing lip color more often (I know, don't laugh!) I usually would forget about it but then I realized what a big difference it makes in leaving the made up face with a perfect, put together finish. Soo in the past few weeks, I ended up buying a few Revlon lipsticks that are perfect shades for summer! I have a shimmery coral (Kiss Me Coral), a light pink (Wink for Pink), and a bright purple (Wild Orchid). 


My second beauty favorite of the month is the NYC Color Cosmetics Bronzer in Sunny. I love this for two reasons... One being that it is the perfect matte bronzer for my very pale face in the winter, but is build-able so it transitions well to my tanned summer face. Two is that it is extremely cheap! Since we have had such nice weather lately, I have been spending at lot of time at the pool and at the beach thus my face has a nice summer glow to it (even though I load SPF 50 sunscreen on it every 30 minutes...) This bronzer is the perfect shade for any skin tone so it is a year-round product!

Television

Now I know I am a few years late to being obsessed with this hit show, but in the month of June I could not stop watching One Tree Hill! I actually started this first season back in the fall, but schoolwork became too much and I lost interest in the show. I picked it back up again for the summer and I have been really into it! For those of you poor unfortunate souls who haven't had the show before, its about a group of high schoolers and their drama/romance/coming of age. I know it might not be up everyone's alley, but just watch it anyway (for Nathan Scott).



Food

This is a weird favorite I know, but I cannot stop eating Fage Greek Yogurt so I thought I would include it my June favorites! I never used to like yogurt until I tried greek yogurt and then my life was changed. It has a thick and creamy texture that almost makes me feel like I am eating a dessert for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/whenever I am eating one. My two favorite flavors have been honey and cherry-pomegranate. YUM!

What were your June favorites?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs