Afternoon at the Vineyard

Monday, September 15, 2014


My best friend from college paid a visit back to JMU this weekend to celebrate her birthday and I was SO excited to see her! She arrived Saturday and we tailgated a bit before the football game, then went out to an Irish pub for dinner! On Sunday, we went to campus for brunch and then decided to get ready and spend the afternoon at a local vineyard. 
I didn't take any pictures of the rows and rows of grapes...but I got a picture of these hydrangeas!

I had no clue that such a beautiful place existed just 15 minutes down the road from me! I guess western Virginia is known for its wine as I learned that there are many vineyards around JMU! My friends said that the wine they had was good, but the snacks they got were even better! I chose not to have a glass of wine because it always makes me so sleepy and I didn't get a great sleep the night before so I didn't want to be falling asleep at the table! 
One of my favorite pairs of boots!

 I wore a red and navy striped dress from J.Crew Factory, a short sand booties from Macy's, and a dark jean jacket from Old Navy. The day was quite overcast and a tad cold...a dress might not have been the best choice for me. However, the company was great and to make the afternoon even better, there was a musician playing reggae music.
Who knew reggae music would fit so well with a vineyard??

I would love to go back on a day when it is more sunny and warm, and also I'd like to bring John next time! We finished off the night by going to a local Italian restaurant...can you tell we like to eat?!

What did you do this weekend?


PS I swear I wasn't here alone... Since this blog is a little secret of mine, I never include pictures of my friends since I would have to ask for permission to post pictures of them! Maybe some day I will tell them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs