What I'm Looking Forward To | September 2014

Wednesday, September 3, 2014


I am so happy now that it is September as it is always a time that is filled with change and new-ness! Like I wrote in my post yesterday, I have started a new semester of classes and I am trying to get into the flow of a new schedule. I have had a lots of changes in the past few weeks and what it really getting me through all the chaos is the promise of the new season that is upon us. While I am filled with this promise and hope, I figured a post about what I am looking forward to this month is perfect!

1. Sorority Recruitment

I am not sure if I have mentioned that I am a member of a sorority on this blog yet, but I am a sister in Alpha Sigma Tau! I went through recruitment as a freshman at James Madison University and as a senior now, I can say that it has absolutely affected my life in ways that I would have never thought possible. I will eventually do a sorority life post, but briefly I will mention that I have gained so much self-esteem and confidence through my involvement with my sorority, as well as friends that I know I will have for life. I know that I have totally diverged from my original point, so to get back on track...recruitment starts tomorrow! It is a five day process where potential new members get to go to every house on sorority row where they can mingle with sisters and hopefully find the right sorority for them! It is a lot of fun to meet all these new girls and its a chance to spend some quality time with my sisters! It ends Tuesday night and I will write a post that includes lots of pictures of the week!

2. Football Games
JMU has a Division I football program, and we play in a subdivision so nothing crazy intense like some of the southern schools! I said "we play" like I am actually on the field with the team... Anyway, football games on Saturday completely shut down the town and everyone heads down to the game (or the tailgate!) I am specifically looking forward to the family weekend game, when my family comes to visit, and the homecoming game, when my best friend will be back in town to visit!

3. Seeing John
One of my favorite pictures of us together!

Since John and I met in high school, and decided to go to different universities, we have been mostly long-distance for the past few years. Part of the reason why I was so sad to leave for the summer was because going back to school means going back to being three and a half hours away from John. Thankfully, three and a half hours is not bad compared to other long-distance couples that I have read about here across the internet universe! We are able to have a weekend together about once a month and for September, John is coming here to visit! Commence countdown: 16 days. 

What are you looking forward to this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs