Autumn Bucket List

Wednesday, September 24, 2014


With yesterday being the first day of Fall and my new discovery of The Sits Girls website, I thought it would be a great opportunity to hop on their "Back to Blogging" challenge. This topic is my favorite one of the week...my autumn bucket list! If you haven't guessed it by now, I love writing lists so I hope you love reading them!

1. Halloween
To be honest, I used to hate Halloween. I didn't like how scary TV shows and movies got and I stopped trick or treating way before all my friends did because I was just over it all. It has only been in the past two years that I have really come to appreciate this quirky holiday. I like to watch all the scary movies, eat all the candy corn, and decorate with lots and lots of corny decorations (get the pun??) 

2. Apple/Pumpkin picking
I feel like this one must be on everyone's autumn bucket list, right? Who knew that such a simple activity that would have such a significance on our population! There is just something special about roaming through an apple tree field with a big basket, searching for the perfect apples to bring home to make a pie. Afterwards, when your hands are a little chilly from the windy air and picking the cold apples, hot apple cider is the perfect thing to warm up with!

3. Wearing boots
Is this too simple? I have a pair of brown riding-type boots that I got last fall that I absolutely love, and I really can't wait to tuck a pair of dark skinny jeans or some black leggings into them! 

4. Thanksgiving
I know I already listed a holiday, but I can't help it...I am obsessed with every holiday! I love that we have a holiday dedicated to giving thanks, and I love that I spend it with my family. My mom and I usually spend the whole morning cooking and watching the parade (and singing along with all the Broadway tunes). Then, everyone eats all afternoon and finally, kick off the Christmas season by watching a few Christmas movies at night!

5. Changing leaves
Growing up in Maine gave me the privilege of seeing the most beautiful autumn scenes on this planet so it is one of the things I miss most about my state when I am away at school. However, the Virginia scenery is quite a good substitute. I love that the season of autumn is marked with such bold and beautiful colors. It is so majestic and I truly believe it is the king of all seasons!

John and I at my sorority's annual run for JDRF...check out the leaves!

What do you like about autumn?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs