Thanksgiving Break is the light at the end of this week

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I know that this is the millionth time I have mentioned classes/homework/clinical in my posts lately, but because I am heading into the most stressful part of the semester, I literally can't help it...(maybe I can, but that would require too much self control on my part). In order to get through this week so I can get myself home for Thanksgiving break, I thought I would share with you some things I am looking forward to for next week! 

1. My Family

Although I saw my mom last weekend, I am anxious to give my family big hugs (even though my brothers are at the age where hugging isn't cool). I know I have mentioned this a bunch on here but my family means so much to me and being with them for a week at home is something I have been looking forward to for a long time! 

2. HOME 
I have tried to make my apartment as home-y as possible, but nothing will ever compared to my family home where dinners are made for me and I don't have to take an elevator to get home. I haven't been home since I left for school back in August, and the August-November break has always been the strangest one since I started in college. When I leave home, it is still summer and absolutely beautiful outside, but when I come back for Thanksgiving break, the trees are already bare and the average temperature is barely hanging onto above freezing. Even though I am headed into the cold, I could not be more excited because it means December is on its way in!

3. My friends and John

My friend group at home hasn't changed since the 6th grade, so to say that I am just friends with them is an understatement. We have watched each other grow up and seen each other through every good/bad situation that life has given us. I love seeing them over breaks and catching up on how school has been and hear about all of their shenanigans. 
John is an obvious one that I look forward to because instead of him being 3.5 hours away, he will only be 15 minutes away. I was with him this past weekend, and it was easier to say goodbye knowing that we are going to see each other again so soon!

4. I really love stuffing
I love holidays...especially ones that are associated with good food. We are having Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year, which I love because it means I can get dressed up for dinner, then run upstairs to put sweatpants on right after we are done eating. Anyone else do this?

5. My faux fur vest from Express
via
...I left it at home (silly Meghan!) and for obvious reasons, I am excited to wear it. Do I need to explain more?

I hope you all have days off next week to celebrate Thanksgiving and you are looking forward to it! Let me know whats getting you through until then! 


4 comments:

  1. hahaha I love the last gif. Please do that at the Thanksgiving dinner table! :) Great list, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going home for Thanksgiving. It was such a wonderful break from school!

    GAH, i need that vest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that last gif is hilarious. sounds like you have an awesome thanksgiving planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaahhh! The count down IS ON! I can't wait for Thanksgiving break!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs