Monthly Favorites | July 2014

Tuesday, August 5, 2014


July was such a good mont! A little bit of travel here and there, and lots of days at the beach! Lets get on with my favorites for this month!

Beauty

In my post I wrote a few weeks ago about a new blush, I mentioned one of my favorite stores: The Company Cosmetic Store. Click here to read about it! My latest trip to the store resulted this foundation coming home with me. As someone with combination/oily skin and fairly consistent acne, I picked up this Clinique Acne Solutions Foundation in 02 Fresh Ivory. I am horrible at in store color matching and I was nervous that this shade would be too light for the little tan I have going on right now. Fortunately I was wrong and this shade blends in well! It has a consistency that is a bit thin so it runs down my face, thus having to move fast when blending. Aside from that, it is really a great product that helps control the oily-ness of my skin and is long lasting on the skin!


This lip liner is a pass over from my mom, who thought the color was a little too bright for her! It is a NYX Waterproof Lip Liner in Plum. I love this liner color so much that I use it for more than a liner...I usually load some chapstick on, then put this liner on over it. The mix of the two turns them into a lipstick consistency! The only thing I don't like about this liner is that I definitely do not find it to be waterproof, and it doesn't last that long. 

Book

A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve has been my go to beach book grab for the past few weeks! Its a story about high school friends that are reunited for a weekend to celebrate the wedding of a pair within the group. Without giving away too much, there is romance, tension, and some drama! What I like most about the book is that it is told from multiple character's points of view. I know I have more books by Anita Shreve around the house, and I am definitely looking forward to reading more of her writing!

Food

Grapefruit! I haven't been able to get enough of it this summer. I know its counterproductive, but sometimes I even put a little sugar on top to make the sourness a bit sweeter! As a side note, while searching for a picture of grapefruit on Google, I found that the Body Shop has a grapefruit scented body butter...I need that!

What are you loving this month? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs