TGIF & Talking About TGIT!

Friday, September 25, 2015

Happy Friday people! I hope you had a great week and have fun plans for this weekend. I have clinical tonight, a CPR class tomorrow morning, and most importantly, a downtown beer fest tomorrow afternoon. I am bummed about the rain that is supposed to happen, but at least the weather will be cool enough for me to get my fall style on! What are your plans for this weekend?

Now lets talk about somethings from this week...

1) TGIT
First, can I just say that this was such an exciting week for television? At the beginning of the week, we had the Emmy Awards and then there have been so many season premieres since then! There has been so much chatter around me at home/school/on the internet about all of the Shonda Rhimes' premieres. However, I am feeling kind of left out that I only watch one out of three Shonda Rhimes' shows. I have been a Grey's Anatomy fan since middle school, but never started watching Scandal or How to Get Away With Murder (*collective gasp from the internet*). I know, I know...I am missing out, right?! After I am finished watching Friday Night Lights, I should probably catch up with Scandal. I have just been hesitant to in the past, because I don't like to watch shows on Netflix where the series isn't finished. Its hard to keep up with TV shows that are premiering new episodes every week! Are you a Scandal or HTGAWM fan? Maybe I could be convinced to put a pause to FNL and pick up one of the two...

2) Amy Schumer's Post Interview at the Emmy Awards
"I think we all know how I am celebrating later..." I know she can be crude, but I think she is just a riot! I love how genuine she seems to be, and is unapologetic for it! It was one of my favorite moments of the Emmys when she and Amy Poehler presented an award together...I wrote about more of my favorite moments of the Emmy Awards earlier in the week so check those out!

3) Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Collab
I found out this week that Gwen Stefani collaborated with Urban Decay on a cosmetics line and I am too excited about it! Gwen Stefani has been one of my idols for such a long time...she is so fierce and just plain cool. I can't think of anyone better for UD to work with to create a line of makeup because Gwen has such a distinct look to her. Bold red lips and sharp, rocker eyes are what I am expecting from this collaboration!

4) Mighty Mighty Bosstones Tickets
One of my favorite bands since middle school, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones (a mouthful of a name!), is playing in Boston in December & John and I got our tickets yesterday! We went to see them last year at the House of Blues in Boston and had an absolute blast. They are a ska band (basically rock/punk rock with brass instruments thrown in) and I can't wait to dance my butt off this year!

5) Some Pin-spiration...
advantages of being messy, pinterest, quotes, pinspiration

admire someone's beauty, quotes, inspiration, Pinterest, beauty

slightly strange, quotes, inspiration, Pinterest, motivational quotes

I hope you all have a great weekend!




2 comments:

  1. Urban Decay and Gwen, get outta town! AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been on the Greys train since the beginning, but I think I might be getting off. The end of last season was disappointing and last night's show I stopped watching part way through because the acting was SO bad!
    Scandal is really good--I think the first two seasons were the best. After that I wasn't as big of a fan.
    Love the pin-quotes you found!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs